I am an Integrative Dietitian and practitioner of functional medicine.
I see clients of all ages virtually and in person at Your Life Nutrition in Pasadena, California.
I believe that the the springboard for vibrant health begins with your food. I believe that the reason for poor health is the disconnect. The disconnect from real, whole food. From the need to relax. From others because of our pace in frenetic modern life. Enough already. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Really. I’ll show you.
I live to connect people back to vibrant health.
My passion is in neurological & digestive health. In addition to 10 years of experience as a dietitian, I am also a certified GAPS Practitioner. While the GAPS approach is only used in certain circumstances, getting your digestive health functioning well is always a core strategy in my book. My approach is based on a blend of functional medicine, whole food nutrition and brain friendly counseling. Read more..
When I am not seeing clients, you can usually find me cooking, with my nose in an integrative health book, or out adventure hiking in the local Southern California mountains. For all the credibility facts, my training and resume, go here.
Some Fun Facts About Me:
- I have hiked Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim across the Grand Canyon. 48 miles in two days.
- I love anything vintage, especially from 1880-1930.
- I am an intrepid traveler and visited 42 countries before my 30th birthday.
- I nerd out on the human body and how it works. Breathing, articulating joints and how the optic nerve connects vision to the brain drop my jaw.
- A champagne tea party picnic is my idea of a perfectly grand way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
- Oysters are my favorite food, followed by sea salted chocolate.
- I see the sunrise most mornings. Yup, I am one of those lark weirdos.
- I’m married to a music man and we are the happy epitome of opposites attract.
- My son is 14 and is my sous chef in the kitchen. He would rather grapple me to the ground in a jujitsu move than hike with me, but we make it work.
- I also wrangle a great dane, a spaniel, and a 18 year bengal cat in Beautiful Altadena. It’s one big happy zoo.
Want to keep up with my work, musings, recipes and ongoing mission to create vibrant health
for as many people as possible?
Click Below to join my email list.
I won’t be weird and send you 14 emails a week w/ roasted vegetable recipes. I promise!
“We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful with our lives. If you contribute to other people’s happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life.”
-His Holiness the XIVth Dalai Lama